Accountant General’s Department
The Accountant General’s Department (AGD) is a Department within the Ministry of Finance & Planning and is charged with facilitating and reporting of the flow of funds within the public sector.
Some of their key responsibilities include:
- Collection, safekeeping and proper disbursements of all monies due to and payable from the Consolidated Fund.
- Management of the Centralized Treasury, whereby all payments to all suppliers for goods and services are executed on behalf of the Government
- Responsibility for the custodianship of all Government properties excluding lands under the Crown Properties.
- Ensure that Government debts are serviced timely.
- Disbursements from and management of loans and advances to Government employees.
- Payroll administration for 33,000 Government Pensioners and 19 Ministries and their Departments
Current Budget: $0.00
Capital A: $0.00
Head of Agency: Anya Jones